“Are We Qualified?” Requirements for New LPFM Applicants
July 23, 2013
Application Requirements for LPFM
- Available channel frequency
- Must be registered as a non-profit
- 75 % of board members must live within 10 miles of the proposed transmitter location
- Nonprofit headquarters must be within 10 miles of the proposed transmitter location.
- Must have an educational mission
Meet the FCC Requirements
- We have confirmed that there is an available channel at our location.
- We are an eligible nonprofit (or school, government agency, or Indian Tribe) and we can prove it.
- The members of our board either meet all eligibility requirements or fall into the listed exceptions and we can prove it.
- Our organization is based close enough to our transmitter site and can prove it.
- We have a description of our organization’s educational program and how our proposed station will be used to advance it.
- We have a detailed description of the nature of our proposed station programming and, if possible, program schedules.